CBD Products are ever-growing in popularity all over the world. Even the UK has taken to this alternate form of medicine, with things like “CBD oils UK” and “CBD Pain Oil UK” being searched on Google a lot more than before. But, why are CBD products so popular today? What benefits do you get from them, and what are the potential “risks” that come with them? There must be a whole bunch of questions popping into your mind, but don’t worry! Sun State Hemp is here to answer them. So, read on to learn more about a few of the many benefits of CBD Oils, as well as the potential side effects that come with them too!
What Are The Benefits Of CBD Oils and Other CBD Products?
CBD Oils and other CBD Products have a wide wide range of uses and benefits. Some of the biggest benefits include pain relief, reduction of anxiety and depression, acne reduction, heart benefits, and more! As you read on, we’ll explain them more in detail.
- PAIN RELIEF
This is one of the most popularly known benefits of CBD Oils. In fact, Marijuana itself has been used to treat pain going as far back as 2900 B.C. Upon further research, scientists pinpointed that certain components (CBD included) of the marijuana plant were responsible for these pain-relieving effects.
But, how does CBD Oil help relieve pain?
So, your body has this special system called the “endocannabinoid system” or ECS for short. This system basically helps you regulate a whole bunch of things, like sleep, appetite, immune system response, and pain. Your body produces endocannabinoids, which act as neurotransmitters in your nervous system that bind cannabinoid receptors. Since discovering the healing properties of CBD Oils and other CBD Products, studies have further shown that CBD helps reduce chronic pain by affecting the ECS in your body and reducing inflammation by interacting with neurotransmitters. In fact, a study done with rats proved that CBD injections helped pain reduction for surgical incisions, while oral CBD was seen to significantly reduce sciatic nerve pain as well. There have since been loads of human studies as well, that have shown that a combination of CBD and THC is highly effective in treating the pain that comes with arthritis and multiple sclerosis!
It truly isn’t surprising now to see the rise in searches online for “CBD Pail Oil UK”, is it?
- REDUCTION IN ANXIETY + DEPRESSION
Since we live in a world that requires so much of us in such little time, it’s no wonder that Anxiety and Depression have become such common mental health issues. They can be ridiculously detrimental to your health and well being.
Anxiety and Depression are normally treated using allopathic pharmaceutical drugs* which usually have a whole bunch of nasty side effects like insomnia, agitation, headache, drowsiness, and sexual dysfunction. They’re even known to sometimes make the symptoms of anxiety and depression worse. These medications are also highly addictive in nature and can lead to patients relying on them which can turn into a huge substance abuse problem in the future.
CBD Oils have proved to be a great alternative medicine for both these ailments. More and more people are slowly making the switch to CBD Oils instead of allopathic medications.
In fact, a Brazilian study proved the effects of CBD on anxiety. In the study, 57 men were made to take either oral CBD or placebos 90 minutes before they had to take a simulated public speaking test. The scientists in charge of this study found that a 300mg dose of CBD was super effective in reducing anxiety that came with the test. The placebo had little to no effect.
CBD oils are ideal for children as well, since they have a safe and non-chemical, organic approach to healing. CBD products have been used to treat children with insomnia, anxiety, and even Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Apart from this, CBD has shown promising anti-depressant qualities in many animal studies.
The reason CBD is so good at treating anxiety and depression is because it acts on the brain’s serotonin receptors, which are neurotransmitters that affect mood regulation and social behaviour.
* Please don’t stop taking your medications without consulting your doctor first.
3. ACNE REDUCTION
Acne is an extremely common skin condition that affects people of all ages. It usually occurs due to a whole bunch of factors like genetics, underlying inflammation, bacteria, and sebum overproduction.
Recent studies have shown that CBD oils can help treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory nature. It even reduces the production of sebum, which is integral to fight acne. A test tube study was done in which CBD oil was seen to prevent sebaceous glands from secreting excess amounts of sebum, while also exhibiting anti-inflammatory properties! Since, many studies have taken place where CBD has proved to be efficient in fighting acne. It is also entirely natural and organic, so it’s safe for all skin-types (CBD Oils are even used to treat people with eczema!).
- NEUROPROTECTIVE PROPERTIESSince CBD acts on the body’s ECS, as well as other brain signalling systems, researchers think that it may be helpful for people with neurological disorders like Epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, and Multiple Sclerosis.
CBD oils and other CBD products have shown promising results when it comes to reducing muscle spasticity in people with multiple sclerosis.
A study was done in which 214 people with severe epilepsy were given 0.9-2.3 grams of CBD oil per 2-5 kg of their body weight, and their seizures actually reduced by 36.5% on average. Another study showed that CBD oils reduced seizures in kids with Dravet syndrome.*
Many studies have also shown that CBD improves quality of life and sleep for those who suffer from Parkinson’s Disease. Apart from this, animal (and test-tube) studies made evident that CBD helps decrease inflammation and neurodegeneration that come with Alzheimer’s. One long-term study was held in which mice that were genetically predisposed to Alzheimer’s were given CBD, and it helped alleviate cognitive decline!
* Please note that in both these studies, some people also had adverse reactions like convulsions, fever, and fatigue.
- ALLEVIATES CANCER-RELATED SYMPTOMS
Studies have shown that CBD oils can reduce symptoms related to cancer treatment, like nausea, vomiting, and pain. Apart from this, CBD has been proven to have anti-inflammatory properties which can potentially help fight cancer cells. A study was done on mice in which CBD oils proved to lessen the spread of aggressive breast cancer cells.
Though there is still a lot of research left to do on this particular benefit, CBD oils have a promising future in the field of cancer-treatment.
- OTHER BENEFITS
Apart from the 5 major benefits listed above, CBD oils and other CBD products have a whole array of other benefits. Here are a few more benefits:
- Beneficial to Heart Health: CBD products have been proven to help with heart health by treating issues like the inability to lower high blood pressure. This can help in the prevention of heart conditions like heart attacks and strokes.
- Treatment for Substance Abuse: CBD has shown promising results in people who are afflicted with substance addictions. It helps wean people off dangerous drugs, while also alleviating the withdrawal symptoms that come with drug abuse, such as insomnia, skin issues, and mood-related problems. CBD itself is not addictive in nature and is an all natural way to fight addictions.
- Antipsychotic Effects: Since CBD itself is not psychoactive in nature, it is safe to use for all ages. In fact, CBD has been proven to help people suffering from schizophrenia and other mental disorders by reducing their psychotic symptoms.
- Helps Fight Tumours: Many animal and test-tube studies have shown that CBD oils can help fight tumours by preventing their spread. It has shown promising results in stopping the spread of brain, breast, colon, lung, and prostate cancer in animals.
- Prevention of Diabetes: A study done on diebetic mice showed that CBD reduced the onset of diabetes by 56% while also reducing inflammation.
Some Side-Effects To Note
CBD oils and other CBD products are fairly safe to use due to their natural and organic nature. But, it must be noted that, like all things, CBD may also have a few side-effects. Here are a few side-effects that you may experience with the use of CBD products:
- Changes in appetite / weight
- CBD can react with medications you’re already taking, so make sure to consult your physician before taking CBD oils and other CBD products
- Excessive amounts of CBD intake can lead to liver toxicity (regulation is key!)
You’re now aware of the multiple benefits that come with CBD Products and CBD Oils. If you’re looking to make the switch to natural and organic health-care, consider shopping at Sun State Hemp. We have all sorts of top-shelf CBD products. We make sure to keep a stock of some of the best CBD oils in the UK as well as the best CBD Pain Oils in the UK too. So, hop on over to our shop and pick yourself something nice! You even get free shipping on orders above £20!