CBD products have been gaining more popularity over the years, with purchases being doubled since 2019. This makes it easy to see that more and more people are buying CBD products as time progresses. With this rise in demand, there has also been a rise in the different types of CBD products available in the market. Each product has its own use and set of benefits.
One of the most popular uses of CBD is in Edibles. CBD edibles are very popular, with more and more people using them on a daily basis. They have all the health benefits of CBD, while also tasting great. It’s a total win-win with CBD Edibles! This miracle product comes in different shapes and forms. If you’re looking to buy CBD edibles, you’ve come to the right place. Sun State Hemp has a wide collection of CBD edibles and even alternative vegan CBD edibles in the UK.
If you’re curious about CBD Edibles in the UK, read on to learn more!
What is CBD?
Before getting into the details, we’ll give you a small background on what CBD is exactly. This way you’ll feel like you’re in the loop, and the rest will be so much easier to understand.
CBD, not to be confused with THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), is a compound found in the Hemp plant. CBD is the short form for “Cannabidiol”, which naturally occurs in the hemp plant and has a whole bunch of health benefits. Your body basically produces this thing called the “endocannabinoids” that are neurotransmitters that connect with cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system. What CBD does is, it impacts the endocannabinoid activity in your body, and in doing so it helps with pain and inflammation (and more!).
What Are CBD Edibles?
Now that you know what CBD is, we can dive into the wonderful world of CBD edibles in the UK!
CBD Edibles are items of food or drink that are infused with and rich in CBD. These items are directly ingestible and don’t need any external catalysts or forces to activate their chemical properties. A lot of people prefer CBD edibles over different forms of cannabis and CBD, because ingestion is much safer than smoke. Not to mention, the natural taste of CBD is an acquired taste that not many people like. With CBD edibles, you get flavour choices that mask the typical earthy taste of CBD on its own.
Commonly, there are two forms of CBD edibles you can find in the UK:
- THC/CBD Balanced Edibles: Also known as marijuana edibles, this type contains an equal amount of THC and CBD. THC is the component in cannabis that gets you high.
- CBD-Dominant Edibles: This form of edibles has pretty much no THC (less than 0.2%) in it and is completely legal and safe to use. CBD dominant edibles are not psychoactive in nature due to the absence of THC.
Simply put, CBD edibles are any food items that have different ratios of hemp-extract.
CBD Edibles vs. CBD Oil
It’s easy to confuse CBD edibles with plain old CBD oil. That’s why we’ve dedicated this section of the article to tell you the differences!
- Consumption:CBD oil is usually consumed sublingually in the form of tinctures and topically through direct skin application. CBD edibles, on the other hand, are consumed orally. They are meant to be ingested, with CBD oil being their main ingredient.
CBD oil on its own is a product, but CBD oil is also an ingredient when used in CBD edibles.
- Concentration:CBD oil normally comes with a dropper that helps you regulate and control your dosage. While using CBD oil sublingually or topically, you’re in full control of how much you use. You can change your dosage with time.CBD edibles, on the other hand, the CBD concentration is pre-set. For example, a pack of CBD gummy vitamins will have the same amount of CBD in each piece.
- Effect:CBD oil reaches your bloodstream directly when consumed sublingually. This gives almost immediate effects.CBD edibles go through a slower process. When you consume a CBD edible, it goes into your digestive system and so it takes longer to reach your bloodstream. Though slow, over a longer period of time, CBD edibles tend to be more consistently effective than CBD oil.CBD oil that’s used topically doesn’t ever reach your bloodstream. It interacts with the nearby cannabinoid receptors in your skin and so have a different effect than when sublingually consumed. Topical treatments are ideal for reducing inflammation and giving your skin nutrition.
The Benefits of CBD Edibles in the UK
CBD edibles and vegan CBD edibles in the UK have a lot of benefits. Here’s a list, just to name a few:
– Fast And Long-Lasting Relief: With CBD edibles, you get all the benefits of CBD without the negative effects of inhaling it through a vapour pen or just straight up smoking cannabis. Though it takes a while to take effect (30 minutes to 2 hours), the results last longer than through inhalation. The active compound in CBD edibles is combined with food, so the CBD is released slowly as the food is digested. This gives you a longer lasting experience of relief.
– Pain Relief: CBD edibles are great when it comes to relieving pain. They’ve been proven to help patients with chronic pain, without the side effects that allopathic medicines* come with.
– Anti-Inflammation: The Anti-Inflammatory nature of CBD makes CBD edibles the perfect go to for people with pain from conditions like arthritis!
– Anxiety / Depression Relief: CBD edibles have been known to help people with anxiety disorders like General Anxiety Disorder. They have also been seen to help people with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Apart from that, they also help people with depression.
– Regulation of Diet and Sleep Pattern: If you have an unhealthy relationship with food, CBD edibles can help you regulate your diet and make you eat proper meals on time. They can also help with insomnia and sleeplessness and help you get back on track and stay healthy, without making you feel drowsy the next day like sleeping pills do.
– General Positivity and Motivation: CBD edibles can help you start your day on a more positive note and are known to keep you energetic and motivated throughout the day.
This is just a few of the many benefits. To know more, browse our blogs. We’ve got a ton of valuable information on CBD!
Where Can I Get CBD Edibles in the UK?
Now that you know a few major things you need to know about CBD edibles and vegan CBD edibles in the UK, you probably want to know where you can buy high-quality CBD edibles.